Learning and Development is a powerful strategic function within an organization. To be an effective leader of this function requires education professionals who can develop and implement the vision and strategy of the L&D unit ensuring it aligns with the vision and goals of the organization it serves.
Leading the Learning Function is relevant for those education professionals who are accountable for the full range of learning development activities within their organization. Within this one-day workshop, learners will:
- Examine the context of the current, and anticipated workplace exploring the implications for learning and development
- Determine how to gain business support for the learning and development function
- Identify key learning and development metrics and reporting opportunities
Post-workshop follow up:
Opportunity to have 30, 60 and 90 day follow ups (one hour each) with the workshop facilitator.
- Organizational Alignment
- The future of work and the future of leaning
- Strategic planning
- Planning a future-ready workforce
- Organizational Engagement
- Managing client relationships
- Performance consulting
- Managing competing priorities
- Designing for “Devwork”
- Marketing the learning function
- Organizational Results
- Measuring the impact of the learning function
- Data analytics
Rashmi Biswas has successfully led large teams, held profit and loss accountability, and gained extensive business experience within corporate and academic arenas in Canada, the USA, and the UK. Rashmi holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management, from Sheffield Hallam University, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Education, Facilitation and Training from the University of Teesside.
In addition to her work with OISE, Rashmi is an Instructor with the Centre for Innovation, Management and Enterprise Education, The Goodman School of Business, Brock University, and Executive Vice President of Lake and Associates Canada where she specializes in leadership development, team performance, program and process facilitation. Rashmi is the author of the motivational book “Rash Decisions” and she is a qualified yoga teacher.