Limited time offer: We are currently offering a limited-time promotion for all new registrants in this program. Sign up before October 9, 2020 and enter offer code OISESSHE20 to save $100 off the regular course registration fee!
Gain a foundational understanding of post-secondary campus environments, and explore the role and impact of professionals who serve students in this seven-week, 100% online course. Through inquiry, experiential, and collaborative learning practices, you will analyze the needs of both students and non-academic staff to determine the components of an effective campus which supports personal and professional development. You will also develop an understanding of the operational environments within post-secondary institutions, and the intersections of these units in supporting and enabling the post-secondary student experience. You will examine current areas of focus within the post-secondary education sector, and explore the needs and commitments of your institution through the development of a campus profile. This course includes a review of existing competency models for professionals who serve students, which will inform your self-reflective practice and your plan to support the ongoing development of key competencies as a post-secondary professional.
- Introduction to the Modern Post-Secondary Campus
- Core Competencies of Professionals Who Serve Students
- Enabling Student and Professional Success in Post-Secondary Campus Communities
By the end of this course, you will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop a campus profile which identifies the core operational functions, student needs, strategic mandate agreements, and current priority initiatives within your post-secondary institution.
- Explain the roles, collective core values, and student experience impacts of campus community professionals who serve students within the post-secondary education ecosystem.
- Analyze the campus needs of non-academic staff by creating a professional persona, identifying the necessary supports to enable staff who support Post-Secondary students.
- Propose a plan to advance one student-centered initiative at your institution, which relates to your role as a professional who serves post-secondary students.
Download the course outline in PDF format for additional details including learning outcomes and module descriptions.
Applies Towards the Following Recognition of Achievement
- Serving Students in Higher Education: Mandatory Course