Professional facilitation provides substantial value to the participant learning experience, and is a key skill for anyone involved in the delivery of adult education and workplace learning. During this course, learners will explore two key streams of facilitation expertise. Firstly, the role of facilitation when delivering customized or mandated training, and secondly when operating in the more challenging, yet increasingly significant, arena of process facilitation.
Blended Course: both online learning and in class learning
The online portion of the course expect 3-5 hrs of work per week
The in class portion of the course runs 9am-5pm (attendance is mandatory)
Critical Performance Statement:
By the end of this course/program, professionals will have demonstrated the ability to evaluate and select appropriate facilitation models and tools in support of specified learning outcomes.
To achieve the critical performance described above, professionals will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Review trends in learning development and how these trends are evolving learning facilitation and the role of the
- Evaluate the application of relevant adult learning principles to effective training, and process, facilitation
- Differentiate between, and practice the skills required for, virtual and classroom facilitation
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate tools and techniques for selected process facilitation scenarios
- Develop individual action plans to achieve own facilitation goals
Learner Evaluation Plan:
- Facilitation Practice Through Participation in Online and Classroom Discussions
- Facilitation Practice with Models, Methods and Tools (Individual and Group Activity)
- Asynchronous Facilitation Exercise
PrerequisitesCourse requirements: The course requires a computer and online access to the OISE course environment, as well as the ability to connect online to other websites and resources as required. Important: You may require the ability to download tools and software in order to experiment with various technologies.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Adult Learning and Development : Elective Courses