Explore the purposes and principles of assessment in IB programming, and practice designing equitable assessment opportunities that align with the IB’s mission, vision and philosophy. You’ll follow the IB inquiry cycle (Inquire-Act-Reflect) as you explore and design assessment tasks and evaluation tools, create differentiated assessments and develop strategies for providing effective feedback to students and parents about progress and achievement in the IB Diploma Programme.
- The Principles of Assessment – the role of assessment in learning and procedures and processes for Internal and External assessment
- Developing Assessment Strategies in the IB Diploma Programme
- Developing Assessment Tasks and Rubrics
- Differentiation of Assessment – developing tasks that acknowledge language and learning support and modifications for special assessment on external examinations
- Alternative methods for providing feedback to students and parents
Download the course outline in PDF format for additional details including learning outcomes and module descriptions.