Gain a foundational understanding of the role and philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme in this six week, 100% online Introductory Course. You’ll practice the IB inquiry cycle (Inquire-Act-Reflect) as you progress through each module.
- International Education and the Role and Philosophy of the IB Programmes
- Curriculum Frameworks (Principles, Structures and Practices)
- Curriculum and Instructional Design Principles and Methodologies
- Curriculum Articulation – Essential features of an IB Continuum, and how the IB Diploma Programme fits within
Download the course outline in PDF format for additional details including learning outcomes and module descriptions.
How to apply:
This course has a 4-step application process, and requires additional information (see prerequisites). Please ensure that all 4 phases of your application are complete before the specified deadline. Late and/or unqualified applications may result in course withdrawals.
- STEP 1Sign in or create your Learner Account
- STEP 2Register for this course (add to cart and pay)
- STEP 3 Log back in to your Learner Account, select 'My Applications'
- STEP 4Complete and submit your application
showing 8 half credits (or international equivalent) in your chosen specialization (See IB Diploma Programme specialization options)*
If the language of instruction for your Bachelor’s degree was not English, you must provide proof of an IELTS English proficiency test with a minimum score of 6.5 in all components (or equivalent).
*Subject to availability. OISE CPL will consult with you if your chosen subject area does not match with our current roster of available mentors for PK12-IB4 Professional Learning & Capstone Project
Recognized teaching degree (IB experience is not required)
Successful completion of a recognized teaching qualification from any jurisdiction in the world.
3 years teaching experience
In a public or private secondary school. This must be confirmed by a letter(s) from your employer(s).