Advancing Workplace Learning & Development Performance
Advancing Workplace Learning & Development Performance is a 14-week professional fellowship program for seasoned workplace learning & development education professionals who want to update their knowledge of evidence-informed learning and development methods and effective implementation strategies.
Workplace learning and development is an essential component for any organization to remain competitive. To ensure workplace performance remains at its peak and employees feel supported in their roles, education leaders who are well-versed in workplace learning & development talent-market needs, rapid response design, technological advancements and agile operations, are crucial allies.
As a workplace learning & development leader, not only do you know the importance of creating a workplace environment built on sustainable education goals of access and equity, you also offer guidance and evidence-informed methods into the skills, competencies and professional development needs of talent across the organizations and communities you serve. Your understanding of workplace learning & development theories and evidence, and what initiatives will work best in the current operating context of the organization, provides your organization and community with the strategies and tools necessary to keep skills and competencies of talent relevant, engaging, and beneficial to the workplace itself.
The Advancing Workplace Learning & Development Performance fellowship program provides you with a dedicated process facilitation and tangible expert support as you develop a strategy, determine an implementation plan to a unique workplace improvement opportunity and/or prepare to propose a bold vision to your organizational leadership. Over 14 weeks, you’ll not only advance your learning & development leadership insight, but emerge with a peer network of fellows, applicable planning and critical thinking tools, and a plan to influence or implement an opportunity in your organization.
WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE
The OISE Continuing & Professional Learning Fellowship experience commits to an adult learning structure that is flexible and that enables a facilitated inquiry-oriented environment. Our Professional Learning Fellowships are oriented towards creating professional agency and building the capacity of education leaders.
In this program, you will be introduced to diverse insights on workplace education initiatives and guided to think critically as you explore and develop your unique and creative approach to advance your organization’s workplace learning goals and objectives. This program is contextualized to your identified workplace observations and needs.
To achieve your learning goals with this program, our Professional Learning Fellowship facilitation team incorporates a process facilitation model that will guide your learning into two core phases:
(1) Discovery and Definition where you will dive into developing local, national and global insights to inform your concept and/or plan;
(2) Development & Implementation where you will consider your operating context and theories of implementation science to ‘stress-test’ your recommendations to ensure your bold idea can be applied to your workplace learning and development environment.
Upon completion of the program, you will have:
- Developed an evidence-informed workplace practice, improvement and/or opportunity proposal to share and implement with your workplace and community stakeholders.
- Established a repertoire of tools, models, and research literature to facilitate critical thinking and effective action planning; these are resources that you can pay forward when leading your teams and peers
- Gained a professional peer and expert network introduction that you can commit to cultivating in months and years to come for your continued professional and leadership growth
- Achieved a Master Certificate of Completion from OISE Continuing & Professional Learning, Canada’s #1 Faculty of Education and top 3 in the world education research institution
Online - Ssynchronous & Asynchronous Elements
Under 20 Fellows
7-9 hours per week
(125 hours total)
$3,985 (HST exempt)