Accelerating Learning Experience Design
Ways of knowing, learning, and working are changing rapidly in response to global challenges and technological innovations. Organizations have to adapt quickly, which means workers need to upskill or reskill to keep pace. These conditions have led to a soaring demand for competent Learning & Development professionals.
Being an effective Learning Experience Designer (LxD) relies on your ability to blend organizational objectives with diverse learner preferences to develop human-centred learning experiences. Your unique set of skills can benefit learners in many complex operating environments, from K-12 schools to large corporate Learning & Development departments.
As an OISE professional learning Fellow, you’ll explore creative and innovative approaches to enhance learning experiences for a range of learners. Throughout the 14-week fellowship, you’ll explore concepts, methods, and tools to design and develop your own Learning Experience Design solution or innovation with support from subject matter experts and peers.
The Fellowship provides you with dedicated time and support to hone your craft as a learning experience design professional, and work through a professional challenge or project that can be implemented in your workplace.
Not ready to enroll but
want to know more?
Enroll in an available courseLearn More
What you'll Achieve
Build your Learning Experience Design leadership capacity through a guided, self-designated learning process, and assess your work environment’s (or an organization's) functional, structural, and technical readiness for design-driven learning, as well as the needs and preferences of learners.
The OISE Continuing & Professional Learning Fellowship experience commits to an adult learning structure that is flexible and that enables a facilitated inquiry-oriented environment. Our Professional Learning Fellowships are oriented towards creating professional agency and building the capacity of education leaders.
In this program, you’ll you will be introduced to diverse insights, current research, and practices that inform Learning Experience Design (LxD), and its intersection with other frameworks such as Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
You’ll be guided to think critically as you explore and develop your unique LxD implementation plan, recommendation, or other project to advance your organization’s workplace learning goals and objectives. This program is contextualized to your identified workplace observations and needs.
To achieve your learning goals with this program, our Professional Learning Fellowship facilitation team incorporates a process facilitation model that will guide your learning into two core phases:
(1) Discovery and Definition where you will dive into developing local, national and global insights to inform your concept and/or plan;
(2) Development & Implementation where you will consider your operating context and theories of implementation science to test your recommendations and ensure your bold LxD idea can be applied within your organization.
Upon completion of the program, you will have:
- Developed an evidence-informed workplace practice, improvement and/or opportunity proposal to share and implement with your workplace and community stakeholders.
- Established a repertoire of tools, models, and research literature to facilitate critical thinking and effective action planning; these are resources that you can pay forward when leading your teams and peers
- Gained a professional peer and expert network introduction that you can commit to cultivating in months and years to come for your continued professional and leadership growth
- Achieved a Master Certificate of Completion from OISE Continuing & Professional Learning, Canada’s #1 Faculty of Education and top 3 in the world education research institutions
Who should apply?
Mid-career to seasoned Education Specialists and Leaders from across the sectors of Post-Secondary Education and Workplace Learning & Development, who have instructional and learning design work experience and are interested in advancing their learning design skills and practice to an expert level of specialization.
Learning & Development Leaders
Learning Experience Designers
Organizational Learning Leaders
Teaching & Learning Leaders
Online (asynchronous and synchronous elements)
Under 20 Fellows
7-9 hours per week (125 hours total)
$4,398 (HST exempt)
Apply For This Fellowship
Build your leadership capacity with an in-depth Learning Experience Design project you can implement in your workplace.