Gain a foundational understanding of the role and philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme in this six week, 100% online Introductory Course.
You'll practice the IB inquiry cycle (Inquire-Act-Reflect) as you progress through each module.
- International Education and the Role and Philosophy of the IB Programmes
- Curriculum Frameworks (Principles, Structures and Practices)
- Curriculum and Instructional Design Principles and Methodologies
- Curriculum Articulation – Essential features of an IB Continuum, and how the IB Diploma Programme fits within
| || |
Download the course outline in PDF format for additional details including learning outcomes and module descriptions.
How to apply:
This course has a 4-step application process, and requires additional information (see prerequisites). Please ensure that all 4 phases of your application are complete before the specified deadline. Late and/or unqualified applications may result in course withdrawals.
- STEP 1: Sign in or create your Learner Account
- STEP 2: Register for this course (add to cart and pay)
- STEP 3: Log back in to your Learner Account, select 'My Applications'
- STEP 4: Complete and submit your application
showing 8 half credits (or international equivalent) in your chosen specialization (See IB Diploma Programme specialization options)*
If the language of instruction for your Bachelor’s degree was not English, you must provide proof of an IELTS English proficiency test with a minimum score of 6.5 in all components (or equivalent).
*Subject to availability. OISE CPL will consult with you if your chosen subject area does not match with our current roster of available mentors for PK12-IB4 Professional Learning & Capstone Project
Recognized teaching degree (IB experience is not required)
Successful completion of a recognized teaching qualification from any jurisdiction in the world.
3 years teaching experience
In a public or private secondary school. This must be confirmed by a letter(s) from your employer(s).