The First Nations Schools Principals' Course is designed for Principals, Vice Principals and aspiring school leaders who want to develop educational leadership skills and school improvement strategies.
The curriculum includes readings, resources, discussions and case studies about the specific opportunities and challenges of working in First Nations Band-operated schools.
- Working with parents, community leaders & members, Elders, educators and others to meet the needs of students
- Effective school leadership in a First Nations context
- Leading change in Band-operated schools
School Improvement Strategies
- Working with teachers to establish and implement high expectations for student learning and wellbeing
- Collecting and using a range of data about student's learning to improve classroom instruction
- Providing feedback to teachers to improve classroom instruction