Explore current global trends impacting today's lifelong learners and examine how traditional and non-traditional learner needs are changing the shape of continuing education.
We'll emphasize the skills and competencies that lifelong learners are asked to acquire to meet the changing needs of workplace and professional environments — to respond to the "skills gap" often identified by employers, for example — and how these needs are addressed by continuing education programs and offerings.
The course requires access to a computer, camera, headphones/speakers, microphone and highspeed internet to access the OISE course environment, and other websites and resources as required.
Learners who successfully complete the course will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify 21st century skills and models.
- Explore the global work and career trends shaping the needs of the lifelong learner.
- Distinguish between various industry competency models.
- Articulate the needs of the lifelong learner and how these needs are influencing continuing education.
- Distinguish between the different adult learning theories.
Applied towards the following Certificate of Completion:
Continuing Education: Enabling Lifelong Learning