This course will build on your fundamental understanding of CBT skills by expanding your abilities into applications of CBTp.
You will learn the most recent theories about the causes and maintaining factors of psychosis and comorbid conditions. In this course, you will gain confidence in formulating clients' psychotic symptoms and co-occurring psychological concerns. By the end of this course, you have the opportunity to practice with numerous CBTp skills that will help them reduce client distress and improve quality of life.
- Introduction to psychosis, comorbidities, and CBTp
- Therapeutic relationship and engagement
- CBTp case conceptualization, including symptom monitoring and functional analysis
- Behavioural skills, including stress reduction and activity scheduling
- Cognitive theory and thinking traps (cognitive errors)
- Behavioural experiments
- Thought records and generating alternative explanations for distressing beliefs
- Modifying core beliefs and positive data logs
- Navigating client engagement challenges, including impulsivity, non-adherence, emotion dysregulation and anger, cognitive deficits and pronounced negative symptoms, etc.
- Mindfulness strategies
- Relapse prevention planning
- Advanced assessment, conceptualization, and treatment planning