OISE Continuing and Professional Learning is currently recruiting Sessional Facilitators for the Writing for Learner Engagement course (Online).
Click HERE to access the full Call for Sessional Facilitators – Writing For Learner Engagement Course (Online).
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Sessional Facilitator for the Writing for Learner Engagement course, you are a learning design professional with corporate or consulting experience. You bring keen insights into the needs of today’s adult learners and how they can be addressed through written communication.
You have demonstrated experience crafting polished, engaging and informative written content for a variety of media, making use of both traditional and contemporary information sharing tools.
Within this role, you are expected to contribute to the development of course content, work collaboratively with the OISE CPL administrative team on course start up and close out activities, facilitate courses within an online environment, support learners in achieving their personal and professional learning goals, cultivate a rich and engaging course experience through professional discourse and collaboration, and review and assess learner assignments in alignment with course objectives and assessment plans and tools.
As a member of the OISE Continuing & Professional Learning sessional facilitator community, you bring curiosity and expertise which includes the following skills and experiences:
• Proven experience writing and developing learning content for a variety of modern media formats
• The ability to review and analyze writing samples, providing constructive feedback and mentorship to aid in the development of effective communication skills
• Sound knowledge of contemporary educational theories, principles and models in adult education and online teaching and learning, including Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and learner-centered instruction
• Recent experience facilitating in an online environment within an adult learning context
• Prior experience in content marketing or a related field, with a track record of designing impactful learning experiences
• Experience working with a range of educational technologies, including learning management systems (LMS), various authoring tools and multimedia production software
• Experience overseeing the instructional design and/or development for an online course or program is an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting principles of equity, integrity, academic honesty, flexibility, and respect
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Powerful writing captures interest and draws the reader into a learning experience through compelling stories and scripts, all while cleverly focusing attention on critical facts, concepts or procedures. Strong writing skills are key to learner engagement and are increasingly in demand in the Learning Design industry.
In Writing for Learner Engagement, learners will explore key techniques for writing ‘lean’ content, on-screen text, learner interactions and easy to skim reference guides. They will also discover how to write with a bent for learner empathy while effectively representing their learning brand’s values.
By the end of the course, learners will have demonstrated the ability to describe the importance of quality writing in creating engaging and effective learning experiences, employ tactics for writing content that draws the reader into a learning experience, pare down bloated content into simplified, powerful copy and re-structure information into useful job aids, infographics and ‘skimmable’ online copy.
Designed for active or aspiring learning and development professionals, Writing for Learner Engagement is required for the successful completion of OISE Continuing & Professional Learning’s Learning Experience Design program, and an optional elective for our Adult Learning and Development program.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application following the steps below:
1. Complete & submit this online form
2. Submit your resume/CV (saved as a PDF file) via email to email@example.com (in the subject line, please note “Call for Writing For Learner Engagement Course – YOUR FULL NAME”)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Should you have any questions or experience any issues in submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.