OISE Continuing and Professional Learning (OISE CPL) is currently recruiting Sessional Facilitators for the online “Cultivating Inclusive Learning Environments” Professional Learning Fellowship (PLF).
Click HERE to access the full Call for Professional Learning Fellowship Sessional Facilitators – Cultivating Inclusive Learning Environments.
ABOUT THE “CULTIVATING INCLUSIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS” PLF
To meet the needs of their learners and to foster inclusion, leaders in elementary, secondary, and post-secondary education are turning to the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework.
The “Cultivating Inclusive Learning Environments” PLF builds Fellows’ foundational knowledge of UDL. Fellows will have opportunities to explore how UDL can address and reduce barriers, while determining how it can be effectively applied within their workplace. Challenges regarding the implementation of UDL will be identified, and Fellows will work with their Facilitator and Experts-In-Residence to develop creative solutions to mitigate identified challenges in their professional context.
Fellows will come away with an action plan to support the implementation of UDL in an effective and sustainable way. Fellows will access a variety of tools, resources, and a network of supports who are experts in the process of implementing inclusive practices in education.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Sessional Facilitator for the “Cultivating Inclusive Learning Environments” PLF, you are a mid-career to seasoned education leader with experience across the K-16 sector, teaching, leading and mentoring education professionals in the effective planning and implementation of UDL. You have also demonstrated experience with process facilitation and adult learning models, including familiarity with design thinking and agile methodologies.
Within this role, you are expected to contribute to the 1st delivery of program content while working collaboratively with the OISE CPL administrative team on program start-up and close-out activities. Further, you are expected to facilitate the program within an online environment, supporting Fellows in achieving their professional learning goals, cultivating a rich and engaging program experience through professional discourse and collaboration, including supporting the learning activities of Fellows in alignment with program objectives and tools.
As a member of the OISE Continuing & Professional Learning Sessional Facilitator community, you bring curiosity and expertise which includes the following skills and experiences:
• Demonstrated experience as a mid-career to seasoned education leader with experience across the K-16 sector, teaching, leading and mentoring education professionals in the effective planning and implementation of UDL.
• Demonstrated experience with process facilitation and adult learning models, including familiarity with design thinking and agile methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing subject-matter literature relevant to the professional inquiry projects of Learners.
• Demonstrated experience with leveraging process facilitation tools and resources to enable online Learner engagement within an inquiry-project learning model.
• Sound knowledge and experience applying contemporary educational theories, principles and models in online teaching and learning, including Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Learner-centered instruction.
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting principles of equity, integrity, academic honesty, flexibility, and respect.
• Experience facilitating online professional learning sessions.
• Experience working with a range of educational technologies, including learning management systems (LMS), various authoring tools and multimedia production software.
• Experience overseeing the instructional design and/or development for an online course or program is an asset.
• Strong knowledge and experience applying teaching and learning strategies to achieve professional learning experience goals and outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience in launching inaugural online courses and/or programs is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application following the steps below:
1. Complete & submit this online form
2. Submit your resume/CV (saved as a PDF file) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (in the subject line, please note “Call for PLF Sessional Facilitators – “Cultivating Inclusive Learning Environments” PLF – YOUR FULL NAME”)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Should you have any questions or experience any issues in submitting your application, please contact email@example.com.