Call For Course Facilitators – Writing For Learner Engagement
ABOUT OISE CONTINUING AND PROFESSIONAL LEARNING:As the Continuing and Professional Learning division of Canada’s leading faculty for graduate studies in education—the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto—we provide ongoing learning for education professionals of all backgrounds. We support and prepare education professionals in Canada and globally to thrive as education practitioners, leaders, and agents of change and we are thrilled to welcome a new cohort of sessional facilitators to our team.
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING:Sessional Facilitators for our Writing for Learner Engagement course (Online). Please click HERE to download the Call for Online Facilitators PDF for full details.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
In Writing for Learner Engagement, learners will explore key techniques for writing 'lean' content, on-screen text, learner interactions and easy to skim reference guides. They will also discover how to write with a bent for learner empathy while effectively representing their learning brand's values. By the end of the course, learners will have demonstrated the ability to describe the importance of quality writing in creating engaging and effective learning experiences, employ tactics for writing content that draws the reader into a learning experience, pare down bloated content into simplified, powerful copy and re-structure information into useful job aids, infographics and ‘skimmable’ online copy.
ABOUT THE ROLE:As a Sessional Facilitator of the Writing for Learner Engagement course, you are a learning design professional with corporate or consulting experience. You bring keen insights into the needs of today’s adult learners and how they can be addressed through written communication. You have demonstrated experience crafting polished, engaging and informative written content for a variety of media, making use of both traditional and contemporary information sharing tools, bringing the following skills & experiences:
- Demonstrated experience developing written content for a variety of media in various contexts, including learning and development
- Experience working in a learning environment which supports others in the development of their writing
- Recent experience facilitating in an online environment within an adult learning context
- Sound knowledge of contemporary educational theories, principles and models in adult education and online teaching and learning
- Strong knowledge and experience in teaching and learning strategies to achieve learning experience goals and outcomes (particularly within a learning and development context)
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting principles of equity, integrity, academic honesty, flexibility, and respect
- Experience overseeing the instructional design and/or development for an online course or program is an asset
- Familiarity with developing learning solutions within LMS systems